During the initial 24 hours after your appointment:
· Do not get your lashes wet for 6 hours after the eyelash extensions are applied. It will affect the efficacy of the adhesive. Do not use cleanser on your lash line for 24 hours. Be sure to wait 5-10 minutes for extensions to fully dry before brushing through them as the hair follicle can be very delicate when wet.
· Avoid taking steamy showers, facials, saunas, and swimming pools.
· Avoid getting moisture around the eye area when washing face, showering, etc.
· Do not use the spa, sauna, Bikram Yoga, or tanning bed for 48 hours after your appointment. The bond needs this time to cure fully with no added interference. You may spray tan after your appointment.
· Avoid chemical peels, waxing, or laser treatments around the eyes.
General guidelines to extend the life of your Eyelash Extensions
· Avoid rubbing your eyes or pulling your lash extensions. Allergies and shedding cycles can bring about itchy eyes and during these times of the year more frequent maintenance appointments will be required.
· Do not use an eyelash curler while wearing eyelash extensions. Heated eyelash curlers are safe, but unnecessary as the extension should keep it’s curl throughout it’s life cycle. If you’re unhappy with your curl choice, please let your lash artist know at your next appointment and the change can be made during your refill appointment.
· Proper hygiene is important in maintaining the eyelash extensions. Please wash your eyelash extensions regularly with a light, oil free cleanser and cleansing (gentle, circles along the lash line to clean the lash line, not directly on the extensions). Products should be oil free when coming in contact with the eyelash extensions or around the eye area.
· Use caution when applying eye creams and moisturizers around the eye area. Too many oil-based products around the lash line can break down the adhesive and allow for premature shedding. Put your eye cream on about an hour before you close your eyes from the evening. Then blot away any excess before closing your eyes for the night. This will ensure that the oils in the product won't transfer onto the lash extensions.
· We recommend sleeping on your back or on your side with your hand between your face and the pillow. If you find extensions on your pillow, sheets, sink, or vanity YOU ARE SLEEPING ON THEM. Make an adjustment in the position that you fall asleep in and use pillows if you roll onto your face.
· Classic Extensions – we prefer you to not use mascara as it weakens the bond when removing it from your extensions, but if you must wear mascara, it must be oil free and cannot be waterproof mascara. Only apply mascara to the tips of the eyelash extensions and wash off with foaming cleanser each evening. Allowing buildup on your lash line from mascara will affect the life of your lash set and you will experience retention issues.
· After showering, please wait a 5 -10 minutes for your eyelash extensions to dry and avoid rubbing them. Then, brush them with your eyelash comb or clean and dry mascara wand. Never brush your extensions while they are wet. The hair follicles are more delicate when wet and you risk pulling your lashes out if you brush them while wet.
I advise for regular refill appointments between every 2-3 weeks to maintain the desired fullness.
If you experience any pain, irritation, redness, or itching, please contact Lash Love By Ashley immediately.